The Visual Basic team has a long history of delivering great value to our customers, and we are continuing that in the Dev10 release of Visual Studio. We’re looking for a Development Lead to help guide these efforts as well as shape future versions of the compiler.
The Visual Studio Languages group (VSL) develops VB, C#, F#, IronPython and IronRuby. As a member of this product unit, you’ll have the opportunity to work with others developing compilers and IDEs targeting the .NET runtime. You’ll benefit from their experience and contribute best practices and methodologies of your own. In VSL, developers work closely with their QA team, and we are committed to delivering the best value for our customers at very high quality.
As a Development Lead on the Visual Basic compiler, you’ll be the hand at the tiller of VB.NET compiler development. Specifically, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day duties of the compiler and runtime development team, ensuring on-schedule delivery of high quality components.
- Help chart the direction the compiler team takes by prioritizing efforts in coordination with your counterparts in QA and PM.
- Contribute to the design of the Visual Basic programming language.
- Mentor your team of developers to continue their career growth.
- Help shape the engineering environment and procedures in Visual Studio Languages.
- Work closely with the IDE team to help them provide a top notch editing and debugging experience.
To be successful, you’ll need the following:
- A demonstrated aptitude for managing a team of high-caliber developers.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and negotiation skills and the ability to drive open issues to closure.
- Strong architectural sense and a working knowledge of the fundamentals of compiler design.
- Passion for delivering customer solutions and quality software in general.
- Working knowledge of the managed runtime environment is a strong plus.