Here’s a quick quiz. Which of these tasks is harder to accomplish:
- Getting $6,000 from a variety of groups within Microsoft to pay for a Gold PyCon 2009 sponsorship.
- Sending PSF a check
If you guessed #2, you’d be right. It’s amazing how difficult the seemly trivial task of “give those PSF folks money” turned out to be. But it’s done now, and you can see the MS logo there on the side of all the PyCon pages.
In addition to the sponsorship, there are some great looking IronPython sessions at PyCon.
- Michael Foord and Jonathan Hartley are running a Developing with IronPython tutorial. Michael is also delivering a talk Functional Testing of Desktop Applications.
- Jim Hugunin is delivering an invited talk IronPython: Directions, Data and Demos
- Dino Viehland is sitting on the Python VMs panel and doing a talk IronPython Implementation
- Sarah Dutkiewicz (aka Coding Geekette) is doing a talk Pumping Iron into Python: Intro to FePy