- Many years ago, I picked .net instead of .com as DevHawk’s TLD. My old pal Chris picked up devhawk.com and redirected it to the site because he got tired of typing “devhawk ctl-enter” into the browser address bar and getting nothing. He must have let it lapse because now devhawk.com points to what looks like a splog in development. Part of me is annoyed, but a bigger part of me just doesn’t give a shit. You – dear reader – have found this site, and that is all I care about.
- A couple of weekends ago, I re-wired my living room to enable surround sound. It meant adding a receiver to the mix, and that pushed us into three remote territory, which is too many. So I picked up a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote, since they have one specifically for the Xbox 360. So far so good, but I’m not sure my wife likes it much yet. However, their remote config application doesn’t run on Vista yet, so I had to bust out the old laptop to get it working.
- I’ve written about Spec# before, but I’ve never experimented with it. MS Research just released a new version that support VS05, so here’s my chance. (via Larkware)
- Speaking of MS Research, the Deepfish project has released a new tech preview. However, Loke Uei is reporting they’ve already maxed out on test accounts. (via Major Nelson)
- Jeff Atwood says there’s no substitute for learning on the battlefield. I always say that the only way to get good at something is to suck at it for a while. Different words, same concept.
- According to Naysawn Naderi, the “majority” of unit test features are being added to the Orcas Pro version. This is obviously good news, though personally I agree with Brad that they should available separately VS. Not sure it needs to be in the framework itself, inclusion in the .NET Framework SDK is probably sufficient. I also think there should be unit test support in the VS express editions as well. (via Knowing.NET)
- I’ve been digging Geekdad, but most of the stuff is for older kids. I mean, I’d love to take my daughter karting, but she’s only two and can’t reach the pedals! However, I’m itching to try out today’s post on image searching with younger kids. The kids love to draw on my new tablet, so I’m thinking of not only searching but snipping these images into OneNote for them to doodle on.
Greetings, Interestingly enough, I found this post while checking to see what backlinks has propogated to my new Web Development Programming blog, DevHawk.com. I'm sorry to hear that you were annoyed that I picked up the domain. As soon as I saw it listed I thought it was a great name. I see we have similar taste in that regard. In any event, I'm a long time programmer (10 years plus). You can see a bunch of sties I've worked on over the years on my portfolio site at www.adhocdevelopment.com. While I admit that most of the content at devhawk.com will be syndicated, there are about a dozen original articles I wrote myself, and I plan to write a new article about one per week. Most of the articles are about ecommerce software, or search engine optimization. Anyways, I thought I'd stop by and say , "Hi".