Blog Posts from June 2011 (page 1 of 1)
My team is hiring. I don’t have a link to the job description on the Microsoft Careers site yet, but the job description is below.
Interested? Send me mail.
IC PM2/Senior Program Manager Position in the Windows Developer Experience Team
Do you want to help ship the most ambitious release of Windows to date? Do you want to make your impact on millions of developers and hundreds of millions of users?
We are the Developer Experience Team. We are building the next generation of developer technologies for creating Windows applications. Our platform powers the new APIs that developers will use to create stunning new Windows applications. You will own the design and delivery of key platform features that will be used by developers in the Windows org, at Microsoft, and around the world to create the APIs that power the next generation of Windows applications.
What do we need from you? Awesomeness. What exactly does that mean? You can drive ambiguous goals independently to completion. You know what needs to get done and by when. You lead by example, cat-herd by necessity, and make a positive impact on your peers in PM, Dev and Test. Others in your org seek out your help because they know you will get it done, or that you will show them how to get it done better if they are coming to you for advice.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Program Management.
- You love software developers and can see the world from their perspective.
- You have completed multiple ship cycles on a large-scale product.
- You have intellectual horsepower and creativity, and can quickly adapt to new technologies and go deep in new areas.
- You have excellent communication and partnering skills. You can drive features
across teams who have different needs and priorities.
- Experience delivering developer platforms a significant plus.