It’s been exactly a month since my last post. A crazy month, hence the lack of blog posting around here. Sorry about that. My wife has been much more regular in her blogging than I have of late – she’s posted a dozen times since my last entry.
Since I’m so far behind on blog reading, and email, and work, and pretty much everything, this is going to be a slightly different Morning Coffee – more forward looking than backwards. Back to normal Morning Coffee posts in a day or so.
- Hawaii was awesome. I was going to post a trip summary, but my wife beat me to the punch. My personal favorite part was the air tour, but frankly it was all good.
- I hear the weather in Seattle was awful while I was gone. My wife’s best friend called it “Juneuary”. However, the weather since we got back has been pretty awesome. I take full credit for bringing the good weather to Seattle from Hawaii. 😄
- I was in Amsterdam for work and I didn’t have my family with me, but it was pretty good all the same. My good friend Matt lives in Amsterdam full time, so I got to spend a lot of time with him. I also discovered that I have a new favorite beer – Kwak.
- I’m sure you’re aware of these, but I should post the links anyway: IronRuby on Rails, IronPython Beta 3, Silverlight 2 Beta 2, Silverlight Dynamic Languages SDK Beta 2, ASP.NET MVC Preview 3.
- I have 419 mails in my inbox – and I’ve been fairly diligent about deleting stuff that I didn’t need to keep even on vacation. That’s about 400 more than I’d like to have in there. Most of today will be spent digging out my inbox. Small miracle: I have nothing currently on my calendar for today.
- I’m one of the content owners for PDC08. After getting my inbox cleaned up, my #1 priority is to see where we are on PDC planning. I have a feeling that’s going to take up the majority of my time for the next couple of weeks.
- I mentioned above that we shipped the latest beta of IronPython while I was away. As you can imagine, there’s a bunch of PM work to be done as we get down to the release of IPy 2.0 (sometime this fall) as well as early work on the next version of IPy.
- Outside of work, I’ve got a lot of writing to do. I’m finishing up an article on IPy and starting to really hunker down on a book that I’m writing.